SB must be getting sick of all the complaints now

+1!!
I also have that issue and it’s really anoying :frowning: Cubase doesn’t like usb2midi … I have the Emu xmidi 1x1 and cubase hangs when exiting 1/5 and after that when I try to reopen cubase, I get a BSOD :frowning: I also have problems with my UAD Apollo but I know this is UAD’s fault and they are working on it. Please Steinberg fix the use2midi issue since it only happens with cubase.

+1
{‘-’}

I don’t see most of the problems described in the forums on my computer. Maybe 1 out of 150. So looking at it in reverse, would it make sense to suggest the computer configuration you guys use in the lab and recommend IT as the starting point regarding hardware?

Deviations from that point may show issues that can resolved for a device or other add-on however the base system remains unique to all users. Hence, reduction of problems

Having situations on MY computer setup did create networking problems, and did take a unique one on one effort to correct it. Not that it made problems for Cubase but it surely could have simply by parameter changes. Just thinking out loud…

On Computer hardware setups I have used the same gear for years always Asus motherboards with Intel CPU and corsair Mem. My audio card has been a Pulsar2 for years and it is very well supported. I am running win7 pro in 64bit but am running Cubase 6.5 and 7 in 32bit as I have some old plugins that I like a lot and they are only supported in 32bit All early version of Cubase have run without many issues on my different PC builds. Yes I have had small bugs nothing major this is just part and parcel of new updates but my PC hardware has stayed with the same high gear I have used for years. Cubase 6.5 works fantastic on my studio PC I did not expect 7 to cause me so much grief. And like I said in my early post I even tried 7 on my Laptop which has nothing on it at all and has a totally different spec to my studio PC and I got BSOD about 20 times. I am hoping the SB are on the way to fixing issues that most of us are having. I know the UAD apollo has problems seen that one on the UAD site but my UAD1 has no issues if am starting a brand new project it only has a problem if I load a 6.5 project into 7 all the UAD plugins used in that song are all disabled and 7 crashes on closing to BSOD What I don’t understand is that they work no problems starting a new project in 7? On another note I did send SB tech all the dump files and system crash files they have not at any point told me their findings!!! what was the point of sending them when they asked if they are not going to get back to me. It would have been nice if they had sent me an email telling what they had found
Anyway I think most of us are going around in circles we are sitting here with baited breath as we are meant to be seeing the announcement today are we not! of 7.03!!!

I wouldn’t hold your breath as they are quite well known for not keeping promises with fixes announcement’s

Anyone seen any announcement from Helge? About 7.03

Yep: SB must be getting sick of all the complaints now - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Give the guy a break.

He said ‘probably tomorrow’, not ‘definitely’.

I’m one of the lucky ones.

I have a dedicated DAW workstation run by my own little IT dept :slight_smile:

So far Cubase 7 has been stable with no more crashes than any other DAW, yes there are some graphic issues, but SB seem to be aware of them and no doubt 7.03 will be another step forward.

Over all Cubase 7 is a wonderful update to Cubase and I’m really pleased with the concept now I am used to the new mixer, the added functionality is features I’ve been asking for, for a long time now, the new mixer just need VCA’s now and it will be close to perfect.

7.03 notice is now up …

And what a waste of time and effort it is…everyone is complaining about it. What did they think fix a few issues and still stick it out there as everyone was complaining about the last update?? who knows but this version is worse than the last one