"Scordatura Font for Dorico" is available now!

Hi,

Here is my new engraver music font for Dorico: “Scordatura”. I hope you like it and any remarks are welcome. (Thanks to my friend @Laurent_Colombo for the font name suggestion)

PDF samples:

It took me hundred of hours than making Soli or Tutti, and I think this is my best outlined music font in the engraver style I ever made, better contours, better curves, better design.

Scordatura font now feature 2397 music symbols and is available for purchase from this link:

https://norfonts.ma/product/scordatura-font-for-dorico/

5 Likes

Nice! You are pretty prolific with creating these! Given the font name, I’m surprised you didn’t choose Mahler 4 as an example instead of Mahler 9 :grinning:

1 Like

You should spell it “Scoredatura”.

2 Likes

Score (as in musical score) - datura. Just trying a little humor.

1 Like

This font looks really nice, although I don’t know how much it varies from the the default Dorico font. I’m sure there are some subtle differences. When will it be available to try or buy?

1 Like

It’s a beautiful font, that I would use for modern sophisticate pop or rock music. It is reminiscent of Bravura, but with a softer and fatter look that gives the score a ‘toyish’ feel (in a good sense).

Paolo

1 Like

Another great use I see for it: school manuals and education materials. It looks fun and easy, and will not scare students.

In this, the name is perfectly fine! :slight_smile:

Paolo

1 Like

Thanks for your interest @Grainger2001 and @Paolo_T

Scordatura is still under development :construction:, and featuring almost 2055 musical symbols. I will later post some PDF samples for comparison and printout, however, you’ll notice that it doesn’t look like Bravura :smiley: even though that all the engraver music fonts may resemble each others.

I will notify you when the font will be available in my web-store.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Laurent_Colombo who suggested this name :tada: It was however named “Divisi”. :wink:

1 Like

PDF samples added:

Scordatura is now available from this link: https://norfonts.ma/product/scordatura-font-for-dorico/