Score Editor: Auto Layout / Move Bars with the "All Staves" ticked.

Steps:

1. Record at least 8 bars on a MIDI track.
  2. Create a Score Layout of the recorded MIDI part.
  3. Make sure you are in “Page Mode” (Scores / Page Mode).
  4. Open the “Auto Layout…” window (Scores / Auto Layout…).
  5. Select “Move Bars” and tick the “All Staves” option.
  6. Enter 1 in the “Max. Number of Bars” field and click “OK”.
    Result: the bars don’t get distributed one bar per line.

Hi,

What do you want to achieve, please?

→ You see, the command “Move Bars and Staves” (on which, by the way, the “Max. Number of Bars” command works) also changes how the staves are placed. But I don’t want that. I want to be able to tell Cubase what is the max number of measures I want to have in a staff. This way, in places where there are passages with a higher density (more notes per measure) I could have less bars/measures than the max number.
→ On the other hand, I know I could use the command “Number of Bars”, but that still doesn’t solve my problem. This is because I don’t want a fixed layout (same number of bars on each staff).

P.S. I wouldn’t need any of the Auto Layout commands if this option (part of Finale 25.5 notation software) would be implemented somehow in Cubase:

… which places the selected measures on a new staff below (leaving the rest of the staves unaffected).

Hi,

In your description, choose Move Bars and Staves option instead of Move Bars + All Pages, please. Does it do the trick?

Nope. It doesn’t do the trick.

I’ve said:

You see, the command “Move Bars and Staves” (on which, by the way, the “Max. Number of Bars” command works) also changes how the staves are placed. But I don’t want that.

What I’m describing in the first post is clearly a bug…

Hi,

Please, read the manual what are the options for.

Did you follow my steps?

Hi,

Yes I did, but this is not the way, how to achieve, what you want to.

I think you didn’t understand what I want to do, which is why I’ll make it simpler.
I want to position (adjust the space between staves/systems) manually and then adjust ONLY the MAX NUMBER of measures automatically.

I know this is not possible. That’s exactly why I’m posting in the Issues category. Because this is an issue, a bug.
I’m would ask, why such field existed if nothing happens concerning the MAX number of bars in a staff? (I’m referring to the “Automatic Layout/Move Bars → MAX number of bars” field).