Scrolling score editor pages with the mouse wheel when in page mode, with Insert Note tool selected and “Animate note cursor” activated leads to a spectacular crash on my system.
Could anyone please try the following to see if it is reproduced on other systems:
- Go to: File =>Preferences =>Scores =>Editing, and check “Animate Note Cursor”.
- Create an empty MIDI part on a MIDI / Instrument track.
- Make this part some 80 measures long (the easiest way to do this is using the Info Line) to ensure multiple pages in score editor.
- Open score editor and activate Page Mode.
- Select Insert Note tool.
- Scroll the page with the mouse-wheel.
Then an error message pops up and if I move the mouse, this message window gets multiplied over and over. I lose control of the program and have to resort to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to shut Cubase from the Windows Task Manager.
The workaround for me is to uncheck “Animate Note Cursor” in the preferences, though I find entering notes less intuitive this way.