Score Editor: "Dynamic Mapping setup" is not sending Volume and Controller

Hi,

I noticed that for in my Project, the dynamic mapping in score editor is not sending to my DXF instrument EastWest Play library. I have set up the Dynamic Mapping so that it sends CC1 and CC11 ( expression) to the instrument.

When I placed them traditionally using controller automation, it works perfectly. However, when I use Score editor, and place dynamic markings nothing works.

Does anyone know what is the issue please?
CS

1 Like

Please use the General support forum for questions on how to use Cubase. This is not a bug, and it works beautifully.

Please read the “Working with mapped dynamics” chapter in the Score Layout and Printing manual.

I am sorry. I thought that was an issue.
I am using EW play Play as instrument track with multiple instruments load it in for different articulation. Like I said I need to use both CC1 ( modulation) and CC11 Expression for french horns in EWQL SO GOLD. I guess my situation is different. This works in Key Editor.

I forgot to mention the track is an instrument track using polyphony to there different channels in the instrument track for three different EW instances.

In the controller lane I only have 0 available for each CC to choose. In fact it is list of 127 zeros!

If I have a an instrument track ( like the one below) with a single instance of an instrument is it and also MIDI track, I have for every CC value in the controller lane 127 options from 0-127.
Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 9.26.35 PM.png

I noticed also that “All CC” folder is not available in add parameter of the controller lane.
Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 9.34.44 PM.png
I guess I need to send parameter to specific channel which in my case is sending it to channel 1. I guess two of the instruments in the VSTi does not respond to modulation and expression. Maybe I should’ve added the dynamic symbols to the layout layer or project layer; or have added added notes and symbols under each note in each layer? I will try it tomorrow.

For now I am going to put them in the key editor.