Score Editor - how to add "Da Capo"

Hello friends,

I´m learning the Score Editor.
I want to add Form Symbols that do not appear on the inspector, such as a regular “Da Capo” (no fine, no coda, just “da capo”). Or “dal Segno”, or “D.S”.

What is the correct way to do it?

I know I can add them as regular text, or create User Symbols. I know I have to add them to the Project Layer. But I don’t know how to make Arranger Mode read them to control playback.

Is there a way to do it?

No, unfortunately. And also unfortunate is that only symbols from the Form Symbols tab are processed during playback for controlling playback.

Thank you, Steve.
This is very useful information. No sarcasm. It does really help.

Thank you for your involvement in keeping this forum as responsive as possible.

Thanks back at you hesca116.

It actually made me a bit sad to report that, honestly. I only use the Arranger function in the Score Editor for lead sheets or material that’s pretty straightforward form-wise. It works well for that, but the Project Page Arranger is a lot more robust, and easier to fiddle with without screwing up the notation, so I lean toward that.

Horses for courses… :slight_smile:

Yeah, the arranger track offers the necessary functionality for any shenanigans you might want to do within the score. I don’t even see the need for the score’s arranger mode to exist. It’s redundant.

I haven’t even been able to make it work. I add the form symbols to the project layer and press the “arranger mode” button on the taskbar, but it doesn’t light up.