Score Editor: How to specify what you want to copy

Hi,

Coming from Finale to Cubase, Finale includes all notes, entry items and measure items when you copy. However, by using Finale’s filter you can specify which items you would like to copy—such as chord symbols or articulations—with or without affecting the notes themselves. (To learn about selecting measure regions, see Selecting music). One can easily choose any number of entry and measure items.
source: To specify what you want to copy

Is this possible in Cubase?

Let’s say, we have several issues Copy and pasting from one staff to other. For instance, the articulations and Expressions and clef are not always consistent for obvious reasons from one instruments to other. However, in the score, when we copy several measure say from Viola ( source) & paste it to French horn (target), the expressions and clef changes in the target and the result is not what we want.

Any help would be appreciated.

CS

If you’re coming from Finale then Cubase’s Score Editor is just not even close. It has not been updated for a long time. I would rather try Dorico, which I think is the best Notation App out there. I really wish Dorico was fully integrated into Cubase but I don’t think that will happen any time soon.

Yes. I know. Let’s put it as feature request. Please vote if you want it to happen.

This feature is not JUST suitable for engraving. It is very suitable for Composers and makes our lives much easier.

If we had a simple filter as in two options: “Notes Only” and “Notes and all items” ON/OFF filter, it would be great.

The Score Editor definitely needs improvement.

Hopefully what that do is integrate Dorico Elements as the new score editor in Cubase version 10.5.

As has been stated in various official avenues, There are no specific plans to integrate Dorico into Cubase in the near term at all.

The Score editor works quite well for what it is, and has filters for selections that go well beyond what was requested above. How it works is explained in the Score Layout and Printing manual.

Please resist making feature requests simply because you don’t know how the system works.