Score editor: key command for page up/down.

Edited:
If the function of the up and down arrow keys exists in the key commands, why wouldn’t there be also commands for page up/down? Please consider adding these as well!

Original:

If we had the page up/down functions available as key commands, we could assign them to MIDI note messages in Generic Remote, so that we can manually change/switch the page without making the “Score Editor window” active.

If I want to move through pages I constantly need to make sure that the Score Editor window is active. Please add these commands (ie. prev. page & next page)!

It would help if you explained more, in words, what your workflow would be with this.

One assumes that if you are working in the Score Editor, it would already be front-most. Having a remote control command won’t necessarily address what you’ve already stated, since some of those depend on window focus, anyway.

Would it be simpler to create a keystroke to go to the Score Editor, and then hit Page up or Down? In a case like this I would assign a the Open Score Editor command to a key close to the page up and down keys and just hit the one after the other.

The simplest and most dependable would be to set up some markers and use those for navigation.

You’re right. I edited the post and pasted the original one below, so that you can compare.

My answer to you:

One assumes that if you are working in the Score Editor, it would already be front-most. Having a remote control command won’t necessarily address what you’ve already stated, since some of those depend on window focus, anyway.

I will make another post with the following name:
“Score editor: key commands for Previous/Next Page

The reason I’m keeping this post:
I’m keeping this post because it would be useful in some cases to be able to remap the page up/down function. For example, on my MAC I don’t have a page up/down button, which forces me to always use a key combination (FN+UP/DN). It’s so frustrating!

Thank God (and jean-emmanuel, the developer) for that a software like Open Stage Control exists! (https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/) This allows me to make my own “keyboard” (my own virtual MIDI controller device) that I can use with the Generic Remote in Cubase.

Having a remote control command won’t necessarily address what you’ve already stated, since some of those depend on window focus, anyway.

How come the project cursor moves in the Score Editor while its window is not in focus? But anyway, I’m asking for a function that would replace autoscroll with “manualscroll” (or MIDI controlled scroll). Autoscroll makes the Score Editor to display the next page when the project cursor reaches the end of the last measure in page, but how about mapping this action (that autoscroll has) to a user key-command assignable function?