Score Editor: Show Staff Name on the Left or below Staves

Hi,

Is that possible to show on the Left or below Staves?

Thank you,
CS

Hi,

No, this is not possible. The only one settings is in the Score Settings > Layout > Staff Names.

Sure you can. :wink:

Staff Settings>Project tab>Spacings. See gif: http://imgur.com/pQnaXcT.gif

Staff Settings>Project tab>Notation Style. See gif: http://imgur.com/AsCmhxE.gif

Cool, thanks!

I should start to learn Cubase more in depth I think. :slight_smile:

Heh! I edited it while you posted, Martin. Me too! Cubase provides a real abyss of learning opportunities! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Neat trick, thank you Steve. However, this only works in Page score at least on my side. Can you try to see if that works in Edit mode. I want in both modes the instrument names show up on the left of each staff.

I have also show “staff on the left” option in the ‘Style notation’ checked.

It’s not a trick, just plain old Cubase functionality. If you find it doesn’t work and you’re not having other problems such as corrupt prefs, then it doesn’t do it.

A bit of experimentation on the users’ part is needed to use the score editor to its potential, and in my opinion, the author of the Score Editor (rightly) counts on the user having a curious and adventurous spirit. Knowing e.g., what you can do in Edit Mode as opposed to Page Mode will become obvious after working with the program for a while. :smiley:

The Score Editor is light, fast and has all the midi editing tools that are available in the Key Editor.

I can only think of two sequencer/notation packages that come close these capabilities, and those have other limitations that keep people like me using the Cubase Pro Score Editor for writing.

Grumpily,

Steve

P.S. Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!

I will try it next time in Safe mode. Thank you.

PS. Hey neighbor! Get your lawn fixed before HOA Send you a note!

(P.P.S. I was just elected president, treasurer and secretary of the HOA, and (because) my brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles are the only people on the board.)

I did also try in Safe mode. It did not work! I report it to Steinberg.Thank you Steve.

It’s a Page-mode only function.

Yes. That is what I thought!