Score Editor: wrong range for transposing instruments

1- Create an empty staff
2- Set Display Transpose to Double Bass (12 semitones) in Score Settings Main tab (Apply)
3- Set low Note Limit to C3 and high Note Limit to C4 in Options tab (Apply)
4- Enter any note higher than C3 in the staff

Results: all the notes are displayed as beyond limits and grey colored (or whatever else depending on preferences)
Conclusion: the high/low limits for placing the notes on the staff are correctly transposed to C4-C5.
But the instrument range isn’t transposed, it remains between C3 and C4, thus doesn’t match the limits settings.

1 Like

This also applies to Cubase 12…

Hm… not here.
vid

1 Like

Thanks. I was just going to test again.
It seemed to me that it has been fixed somewhere during these last 8 years! :laughing:

What altissimo horror is this?!

1 Like

It’s part of a systematic approach to weed out all double bassists who are still sane.

1 Like

Then I think the issue is not very well put into words. How exactly is “high/low limits” different from “instrument range”? I’m asking because when people say “instrument range” they usually think about the lowest and highest note that an instrument can play (aka high/low limit)… Or am I wrong? @Maestro said:

…the instrument range isn’t transposed

Does this mean that Display Transpose didn’t work on Cubase 8 (when it was set to 12 Semitones)?

It was just about the out of range display that didn’t follow the display transpose settings for a given instrument.

I don’t know what people say, but for me instrument range is the scope of notes that an instrument can play.

1 Like