Scores difficult ....

Hello
with Doric you can create scores of this type?

Thank you

Yes.

Totally doable!

Note: In your original example, the triple dot is either wrong, or they should be 256th(!!) notes

Hello,
It is not at all wrong!
This is the original manuscript, of course transcribed in modern notation, the values change.
However with another notation program I managed to get the score exactly as it was written.
So I ask if you can with Doric force the extent and obtained a score exactly like the original.

1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64 + 4/64 = 0.296875, or 1 beat and 3/64th.

So it is wrong. 2/4 means 2 beats per bar, not 2 beats a 3/32nds. That’s not valid math. Can it be written that way on paper, sure? But it ain’t proper 2/4 time.

Maybe a clearer way to engrave what I think is the intent here would to just have 2 quarter notes with 4 grace 64th notes?

No problem. Just create a tuplet with a 4:1 ratio, and hide the tuplet number and bracket.
dotted thing.png

It 'a French score of the Classical period.
And at that time it was normal that the composer compose in this way, had a very specific meaning.
The time is 2/4.

Perfect, so it is also possible to realize the audio version.

Thank you

Sorry for the English, they are forced to use a translator because I don’t have a great knowledge of the English language …
I hope, however, it is an acceptable translation … :slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t care if the composer wrote it that way. It looks horrible with that large spacing between the notes.

We can’t see what is on the other staves of the score filling up that space!

But the composer’s manuscript doesn’t have that big space, and judging by the colors, the image looks like it came from Finale. I couldn’t possibly comment about note spacing done in a different notation program :wink: