Scores pages with images don't print

When I try to print a page from a score with an image (in my case my company logo) inserted, it doesn’t print (Hardcopy or PDF). If I remove the image the page prints fine.

This problem started in Cubase 10.5. I addressed the problem in a earlier support ticket. The response was that this bug would be fixed in the next version of Cubase 11. But the bug is still there. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

1 Like

Hi Martin, I’m working on Windows.

I can confirm

What I found was that pages containing an image will not print.

Repro

1. new project, new midi track, insert a 16 bar midi part on the track
  2. open score editor in page view, and set staves to 4 bars per system
  3. insert an image using the IMG tool in the Other tab
    Try to print- nothing happens
  4. Increase space between systems so they flow to a second or higher page, and move the image to another page
    observe- page with image is left out of print job, pages without an image do print

@A4Q can you try this sequence to confirm we are seeing the same bug?

1 Like

Hi,

It seems to be Windows only.

I can print from the attached CPR on Mac here.

3 Likes

Hi Steve, this is exactly wat happens.

Thank you, @A4Q reported.

2 Likes

@alin89c Is there something in the file you uploaded we are not seeing?

I should’ve remembered that Cubase has this issue (of not embedding the JPG in the CPR file). Sorry. To answer the question you’re asking, yes, there is. There’s an Image you’re not seeing.

I also tried this sequence (on my Macbook Pro Mid 2012, Mojave, Cubase 10.5.20).
RESULT → It seems that only Cubase on Windows has a print problem.
I also tried it on my Windows 10 1903 Machine (only with Cubase 11 and the “Microsoft Print to PDF” driver).
RESULT → At both 3 and 4 steps the PDF is created, but can’t be opened (it says “Error loading” — in Sumatra PDF, “Oups! Looks like this PDF is empty” — in Microsoft Edge).

1 Like

Below is a support ticket that I just admitted about a bug that hasn’t been solved since Cubase 10.5. Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution?

I’ve been reporting this issue since Cubase 10.5. I’ve upgraded form Cubase 11 Pro to Cubase 12 Pro. After 2 years the bug is still there. How is this possible? It used to work fine on Cubase 10.

Tickets submited since march 2020:
[#266701], [#269301], [#283952], [#299388], [#309055], [#342938], # 351954, [#262254], [#358501], [#358494].

A copy of my last Ticket ([#358494], december 2020):

When I print a page from a score with an image (in my case my company logo) inserted it doesn’t print. If I remove the image the page prints fine. I attached a file with a score of several pages. If you print it you’ll see that just the page with the logo is not printed. This problem started in Cubase 10.5. I addressed the problem in a earlier support ticket. The response was that this bug would be fixed in the next version of Cubase 11. But the bug is still there. This is very important to my work as a arranger. Can you please solve this asap?

Can you guys please solve this problem asap?

Best Regards,

Asis Bajnath.
A4Q Productions.

Yes, this is known, but not fixed. I combined two threads about this, though there are a couple more floating around.

Hi! Don’t dwell on Cubase bugs! Find alternatives! For example, did you know you can create your own fonts using third party software? I’m willing to create a dingbat font for you if you post the symbols that you want to include in your Cubase score (layout).

That’s a nice offer, but I think the use of this function is more for illustrations, and other types of graphics that need to be displayed in sheet music. A font might be useful if the need is for symbols that will be used repeatedly, but not for varied individual images that need to be in a score or book.

2 Likes

Hi there, @A4Q !
I used your company logo as an example in the following post. I had a bit of a hard time making it and I thought why work on another color symbol if I already had this one—i.e your logo—at hand. I hope you don’t mind.

Thanks

Exactly. It’s so frustrating. That a function isn’t fixed after 2 years while it used to work perfectly years before that. I’m not a programmer but it doesn’t seem to be a big bug to crush.

No problem.