Scorico is live!

It’d be nice to receive a notification when someone makes (a) new score(s) submission(s).

At the moment, I think that new submissions are always displayed first on Scorico.

Unfortunately I’m not sure how to do that. @Juerg_Loeffler is right that new submissions are displayed first currently.

I expect at some point there will be a fair number of new submissions every day (that may already be the case), so I doubt folks would want a daily email anyways. That might be a bit too much Scorico in your life.

I think the best solution would be to change how the home page is displayed, perhaps having a search options for “recent.”

I’ve been looking at the submissions on Scorico and very much enjoy looking at the many excellent engravings posted. I think Dan Kreider deserves a big “attaboy” for his efforts in creating the site.

One category that would be valuable is sample Dorico files illustrating various different settings, such as ties, slurs, music spacing, etc. Some months ago, Wiggy made available his compilation of slur settings - I urge him to consider posting it again on Scorico.

Just some food for thought.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouraging words! I’ve been cramming for a print deadline (tomorrow noon), so the site has been a bit neglected for the past week.

I agree, and I’d like to see more variety in submissions. That said, I love what has been posted so far.

A few things planned:

• categories and filters added to the homepage for easier browsing
  • “vendor pages” so each vendor can have his or her own landing page with links to all their submissions.
2 Likes

The search function seems to have some issues…

Rats, I was hoping that had gotten fixed. Thanks for letting me know, I’m on it.

1 Like

Ok, I think the search should be fixed now (whew)… please let me know.

Yes, great! As far as I can see the search function now takes the title, composer and text description into account.

Played around with the search function. Thanks for your work!
Works okay for many pieces. I had problems to search for ‘Stravinsky’ (no result). Even ‘str’ doesn’t show the Rite of Spring. ‘St’ will show the piece in a very long list.
Same with ‘Igor’. ‘Ig’ will show the piece, but ‘Igo’ or ‘Igor’ have no results.
I searched on my mobile using Firefox, if this makes a difference and my language is set to German.

Hello!

Question: Is “Scorico” still online…?

I cannot access the website…

Sadly, no. See this thread.

1 Like