Screen flashing in WL9

It is the only program that causes screen flashing when running. I see other posts in the Cubase forums but nothing about WL9 causing the screen to flash. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Flashing when doing what?

When the program is open and playing back a file. I installed 9.0.25 yesterday and the behavior seems to have stopped. I will report back if it starts up again.

The screen flashing has returned. I checked all the drivers but still when playing back a file the screen flashes. Any ideas on where to look? The 9.0.25 update seemed to cure the problem but it has returned BIG TIME

Do you have any plugin displayed when this happens? That’s the only think I can think of.
Do you have “scroll on play”? This is heavy for the display, if the screen is big and the CPU not so fast.

No plugins on or displayed. I am just playing back a file. I have a very fast MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards H97 GAMING 3 computer for my mastering computer with a MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 970 4GB OC DirectX 12 VR READY (GTX 970 GAMING 4G) video card and 16 gigs of memory. I don’t think it is the computer. It went away when I upgraded to 9.0.25 but has since comeback in the last few days. When I start or stop the playback the screen flashes. I checked all the connections, sprayed them with CAIG dexoit and reseated my video card just to be sure. It is only on WL that I get this. All my other DAW software seems to be normal.

Thanks for the reply!

There is a flashing when an unvalid picture is displayed shortly before the normal picture (eg. a black space displayed 1 ms, then followed by the expected picture).
What is flashing in your case?

Most times the screen flashes white for a very brief time after I open a file, probably more than 1 MS. I have also seen some flashing when I start and stop a WL file (44.1/24bit). I updated my driver for the MSI video card just to be in the safe side. I am only using one wide screen monitor for WL. No other monitors on the video card.

Why this went away and then came back is beyond my understanding.

After much searching I found the problem. It is a little program running in the background. It is called “unknown file handler” and was put on the PC with some other install. As soon as I uninstalled it the flashing stopped. Must have been a software conflict.

My hat is off to software developers like PG having to contend with other peoples software that was probably not well written or did not follow the rules.

UPDATE:

After turning off the computer and turning it back on the flashing has returned. It only happens when WL is on the screen. No other DAWs exhibit the same behavior.