Screen jumps when entering lyrics at high zoom?

Often I’ll have selected an object in Write mode and then I either switch to Engrave mode or I open the Preferences panel and the display suddenly jumps to a random spot farther on in the score, or even completely at the end,

This behaviour happens quite a lot in my scores too, even though it’s remarkably better in Dorico 3

It might be a different bug, or not, but the one that got fixed could have weird effects. If for some reason Dorico considered jumping to the next page but then didn’t (because there was no reason to) the bug could have left a message hanging around saying “you need to display the next page” that gets picked up later and incorrectly acted on.

It was finally tracked down with a reproducible case that involved hitting “save” and causing a jump after the save completed, which is just as illogical as your jumping to a blank page.

No: only one voice. The lyrics continue entering in the right place, but the displayed section of the score moves. I’ve sent Daniel the sample project, so we’ll see what comes of it.