Screen upgrade?

Best to get the info from the nvivia site directly. Of course, the fans will kick in eventually,
depending on the load and certainly on 3D, I guess.

Working in MS Office=off
Nuendo Video-Job NPR = < 20 %
BrowserGame (ultra) e.g. Warframe = 25%
Witcher 3 on ultra <55% @ 65 °C
on my Monitors (21:9)
This graphics card fan noise is not really relevant.
PSU & CPU fans are usually way more audible here.

Cheers, Big K
I was told that socker fans are always extremely loud…, Thus, no socker in my studio…lol

I think it would depend on the manufacturer of the card though. A Gigabyte card will behave slightly differently from an Asus card. Or perhaps Nvidia keeps track of it all…?

I have the same experience.

Update:

After many weeks of going around in circles and also following the advice given by the esteemed gentlemen on this thread, I’ve taken the plunge and bought an LG 34UM88 wide screen flat monitor and a GTX 950 OC semi-fanless graphics card (the fans only kick in above 65 degrees c.

What an improvement! The screen is great. I went from 34 inch 21:9 to 40 inch 16:9, and even considered a 40 inch TV for a moment because it is hard to find a large format monitor that isn’t made in Korea out of old oil drums and last year’s mobile phones and will more than likely arrive with an unacceptable number of dead pixels. 40 inch seemed too big anyway - too much head movement. The LG does not appear to have any duff pixels and the extra real estate without the bezels in between my two old 19 inch 1024 screens is a revelation. Due to the increased pixel-count the text is a bit smaller on the LG but the additional pixel-count makes it very sharp and readable at a reasonable distance from the screen. I am also still using one of the o!d 19 inch screens on the side for close-up editing. It’s all a pleasure to use.

Personally, I don’t think that a curved screen is the way to go in a studio, unless you want to spend your time p!aying games. After all, most plugin emulations are based on straight equipment (although Jean-Michel Jarre might be able to come up with some curved examples). However, if you are a film composer, perhaps an all-enveloping, surround experience might hit the spot.

The semi-fanless GTX card seems to work well. I have an i7 PC with a fanless power supply, a large heat-sink on the processor and a single, silent fan. With nothing going on, the temperature sits at about 52c. Running Nuendo with playback and some audio editing the temp rises towards 63c, but the fans have not come on yet, so the noise level has not risen so far.

PS: The LG screen has something that is called Flicker-safe (I think) and there seems to be no obvious flicker present.

I currently use a Asus strix 750ti, with their 0db fan technology. I don’t think the fan has ever come on in the last year during daily Nuendo usage, or if it has I haven’t heard it.

its driving 3 monitors, a 27" QHD, 24" and 21.5"