Script: Kill execution (infinite loops etc)

I couldn’t find any info on how to possibly do this in either manual, so here’s a suggestion:

Would be nice to be able to kill script execution if you end up with an infinite loop, or just something that takes forever to execute…

I was able to trigger a script stop by switching to another app and back again, but most of the time I had to quit wavelab (And sometimes lose my progress until I started writing in an external editor and copy the code into Wavelab to run it)

Best,
Alex

There is currently no way to do this. What do you need this for?

I am writing a script to detect samples louder than a set threshold (in order to remove empty head/tail sections of one-shot samples from sound design sessions), and in testing different approaches I was was relying on the Log window output to see what results my code produced.

Using activeWave.readSamples I sometimes ended up with inifinte for-loops, so the log window would just output and scroll forever, displaying a sample value over and over for instance. The only way for me to stop it was to force quit Wavelab and restart it. Not a super big deal if you write in an external program and copy the code into the Wavelab script editor, or save frequently in the script editor I guess?