Scripting API

Does Dorico 2 have a public scripting API and where can I get the manual?
If not, is there a plan to implement it into Dorico 2?

There’s no change in the scripting capabilities of Dorico in 2.0, I’m afraid. Building out the API is absolutely in our plans, but I’m afraid I can’t say when we will have any new developments in this area.

Has there been any further progress in publishing a scripting/LUA API/DOM as of Dorico 3.5 / August 2020?

Thank you - Andrew Culver

Hi Andrew,

there have been no substantive changes in this area since, really, the first version. That being said, I have been working with the Lua scripting capabilities extensively, and as long as you do not have a fundamental need for getting data from the program in order to achieve a task, my experience has been again and again that it is astounding what you can do with a bit of ingenuity.

So the usefulness of Dorico’s scripting very much depends on what you want to do. Could you elaborate a bit what your needs are? Feel free to message me directly if you don’t want to share details in an open post.

Timely topic - I was just over at the HALion pages of the forum, reading up on related matters. I see Steinberg do have (plenty of) LUA scripting expertise amongst the ranks… Evidence:-
https://developer.steinberg.help/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1377845

(a ton of info there.!)

When the time comes, someone from Dorico could put in a well placed word or two at Steinberg HQ I’m sure… :slight_smile: :nerd: