[Scroll down/up 100px] Command assignable to a key combination

My request:
I’d like a command to which I can assign a key combination. What I’d like the command to do can be seen in the GIF that I posted in the footer of this post.

As a workaround,
I’ve managed to create a script to scroll up and down in the Score Editor. The script doesn’t scroll actually. It just replicates what the user would do if he/she were a robot.

This is what it does (essentially):

1. Moves the mouse pointer to the center of the screen.
  2. Drags down/up while holding the middle click (button3 on my MAC).
AppleScript code
--  moving the mouse pointer location somewhere in the middle of the Score Editor
do shell script "eval $(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s); cliclick m:900,550"

-- middle mouse button [click] and [hold]
do shell script "eval $(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s); sendmidi dev SessionKiano ch 7 on 15 127"

-- drag down the score view ("scroll down") to see more of the top side of the score
do shell script "eval $(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s); cliclick m:+0,+100"

-- middle mouse button [release]
do shell script "eval $(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s); sendmidi dev SessionKiano ch 7 off 15 127"

-- "z" in my Cubase settings is shortcut for "Score Functions/Force Update".
tell application "System Events"
	keystroke "z"
end tell

GIF

scroll up and down command

Bome MTP can do this. IIRC you own BMTP no?. If so I will shoot you the project file.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

1 Like

Scrolling with BMTP is much more responsive, but:

1. You have to make sure the cursor rests in the score view area.
  2. Scrolling too much will get you to the next/previous page.
Bome Midi Translator Pro (translator output screenshot)

If you want the cursor to rest in the score view area, just create another Translator with Cursor Position as the Output no?.
As long a Repeat is not on, it should not scroll too much.

I had a feeling this is solvable.

What I meant is that when you reach for example the bottom of the page and trigger again the same translator (the same “scroll action”), the page is gonna be flipped. Would’ve been nice if it didn’t. Either way, BMTP is a better workaround.

1 Like