Scroll Wheel not working in Kontakt 5

Hi there,

I’m using Cubase 8.5 and in Kontakt 5 (full version) I’m trying to change parameters using the scroll wheel on my mouse and nothing happens. I’ve tried a different mouse and still no luck.

I’ve searched the internet and native Instruments seem to be saying it’s not their problem. I’ve tried the couple of suggestions on their official forum but it has not worked.

Is the scroll wheel working for you and if so how?

Many thanks

James Colah

http://www.twitter.com/jamescolah

No. The mouse wheel doesn’t change knobs or parameters for me either. I don’t remember it ever doing that. I tested in a Kontakt instance loaded in Cubase 9 and in Kontakt 5 as a standalone program. It may also be instrument dependant. I tried the Vintage organs and the New York Grand. The wheel works for scrolling up and down the libraries and the instrument rack but not for change parameters (knobs and such).

Hi jaslan,

Many thanks for your reply.

WOW, that’s outrageous. I thought it was just me.

I have Vintage Organs too and it doesn’t work.

I don’t know of any other VST instrument or plugin that you can’t use the scroll wheel.

Kontakt 5 came out in 2011 - I think it’s about time for an upgrade especially now we have Halion 6!

Kind regards

James Colah

http://www.twitter.com/jamescolah

FWIW, there are many (including myself) that are not particularly crazy about the mouse wheel changing parameters in some environments. Specifically, for me, I don’t like the mouse wheel changing things in the mixer racks in Cubase. It is too easy to be just trying to scroll through the racks and accidentally change and send level, pan setting, fader level, etc.
Now, in a plug-in GUI, it does seem less treacherous, so I probably would use it. Bottom line, of course, is that it is just something one needs to adjust too.
I would be a huge fan it there was a setting to determine if the wheel is just for scrolling or also for knobs, sliders, etc., OR if there was a way to require a modifier key such as CTRL+ mouse wheel to change parameters, etc.