Scroll Wheel Speed??? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Which would be as expected.

There are areas of the program that will always be at the behest of the OS.

I can confirm this!
I brought my first MBP and now this -.-

Is there any solution yet?

It reminds me to the windows settings for scrolling. You can set the number of lines for one “click”.

I really love Cubase but this should not happen at a professional software…

So here we are 4 months later and still no answer from Steinberg about this.

I got a few emails in the beginning saying they are working on it (THE STOCK ANSWER) but not a peep since.

I’ve sent 4 other support requests (on different issues). 2 of them were answered and fixed as I was just missing something. The other 2 were COMPLETELY ignored. Seems like that’s the Steinberg way. If we can fix it, it’s already fixed. If we can’t… ignore it until another bug demands more attention and they’ll forget about it.

Community? You mean us? By confirm or deny (just “not confirm” you mean surely)?
I "not confirmed " it a post or two above the quoted post.

And really some seem to get it and some don’t. Not enough to call out the whole brigade for a barking dog.
I don’t think there’ll even be a scroll wheel in v7. I mean, Reaper’s got one. Old hat now. :mrgreen:
Were the other complaints this trivial? I mean, you’re actually that a55ed ? For four months?!
There’s MUCH more to complai… actually there isn’t that much to complain about or we wouldn’t even notice this right? :mrgreen:

The same thing for me. Scrolling in Cubase is not smooth, but very twithed and lacerated. This is very important issue, that prevent comfortable working. Here is my video, explaining this issue: Cubase Big Step Scrolling - YouTube
In Ableton scrolling is very smooth and comfortable. Why this could’t be realized in Cubase?

My scrolling is perfectly smooth ,I use a logitech mouse using steermouse , however it wasn’t until I changed the scroll wheel speed preferences to acceleration rather than the " x "option in steermouse,with it set to just x1 cubase jumped 2 tracks every click but in accel mode it can take up to 5 clicks depending on how fast you turn the wheel.

I use Logitech MX too on both systems, OSX and Win7 and feel that when I do horizontal scrolling on the Mixer, it isn’t very smooth…

Same here to!
Mac Osx 10.8.2
Cubase 6.0.7.
MagicMouse Bluetooth
Using scroll in cubase simply sucks! Not smooth, just jumps to many tracks when scrolling up and down, and it doesn’t matter whatever you chose in preferences mouse. It simply doesn’t work has it should!
Look forward for a solution!

These days, I think we all expect Cubase’s scrolling (when using a trackpad or touchscreen - anything but a ‘stepped’ scroll wheel on a mouse) to actually behave like the ‘pan’ mode invoked by holding down the middle mouse button. This moves around the page in a perfectly smooth, intuitive manner.

This is my primary method of moving around, and I’ve asked before for it to be accessible via another means, since middle click is getting to be pretty uncommon. I actually use OS X, but buy Microsoft mice so that I can get a clickable scroll-wheel (which acts as a middle button), and thus access the panning method to move around the page.

If you can, try middle click - it’s a hidden feature that most people don’t know about, and it’s definitely the most natural way of moving around the arrange/edit windows.

D

Midle click? I’m not quiet following you…You are familiar with the Apple Magic Mouse? Right? There’s no midle finger, or at least not with the common preferences in osx. You just have the surface of the mouse where you can scroll with your fingers. And has you do that, within the app, the scenario just scrolls the same way.

You are familiar with the Apple Magic Mouse? Right?

I am indeed… I own 3 Magic Mice, that sit unused in a dusty draw for this very reason. This single feature in Cubase influences the buying choice I make for my mouse, which is currently a Microsoft Wireless 1000.

You can use MagicPrefs http://magicprefs.com to get middle click functionality on a Magic Mouse, but it’s crude, awkward and unreliable. My recommendation is (and always has been) two-fold; buy a different mouse with a scroll/middle mouse button or wait until Steinberg figure this out and add an alternative way of accessing this mode.

D

That simply sucks!
I have to buy another mouse!!! I knew already magicprefs and I’ve been trying others too. But nothing can decrease the scroll speed in cubase…I will try to configure with the thirth button. But I’m not happy at all! Why do I have to move the all hand to scrool, when I can do it with just one finger? The cursor of the mouse doesn’t even have to move when I scroll, if cubase worked correctly.
Come on steinberg!!! I really can’t understand why is this still not fixed!!!

Chalk up another magic mouse user on cubase 6.5 - horizontal scrolling is smooth as butter, vertical scrolling is a nightmare, really hindering the editing process. I’ve used several different mice and nothing helps. If there is a setting for this buried somewhere I’d love to know about it. Anybody on 7.0 find a solution? Was this ever addressed?

• 1 on this

I am currently forced to use two mice but I would love to use my Apple Magic Mouse for everything

Vertical scroll speed adjustment would be great in prefs

+1

Come on Steinberg!

Still battling with magic mouse - wasn’t aware most people had just given up and used a M$ mouse with a real scroll wheel. Thought it was just me - doing something weird like trying to scroll around a composition…

:unamused:

are there any news on this?

On cubase 7.5 still the same…
Don’t know on Cubase 8.

+1

cubase 8 still the same… :imp:

+1

I configured Windows to scroll a whole page with the mousewheel, but Cubase just uses “some” scrolling speed, no idea how much it scrolls exactly. That makes it difficult to work with the mousewheel.