scrolling anomalies

When I scroll via right arrow key and there is a chord with 3 notes for instance then only two of them get played and selected when I scroll with the right arrow key before Dorico jumps to the next note.

Even more strange: When I set a slur from one note to the next quarter note of the following bar which ist in the next system (no special system break but set from Dorico itself) then scrolling into the next system gets impossible via right arrow key.
This seems to be a bug.

Here is a file to test.
scrolling anomalies.dorico.zip (206 KB)

It is to be expected that only two notes of the chord in bar 10 of your example project get selected: the navigation in Dorico is graphical in nature, so when you arrive on the D4 note and hit right arrow, the E4 note is selected not specifically because it is in the same voice or in the same chord, but simply because it is graphically to the right of the D4 note. This is certainly a different approach to what you might be used to from other scoring software, but it has the distinct advantage that you can navigate to any item of any type simply with the arrow keys, without needing to learn difficult-to-remember orders of selection when using Tab and Shift-Tab, and so on.

Dorico getting hung up on the slur at the end of the first system is very similar to the problem you reported previously, which we have somewhat improved for Dorico 1.1, but not this specific case. You can use down arrow to navigate to the system below, then Ctrl+left arrow to navigate back to the start of the system.

I am also experiencing some scrolling issues.
When I have the mixer open and hold down ctrl to scroll left or right it won’t scroll all the way to the end and if I start in the middle, it won’t scroll to the start or the end.
Also when I want to view a part, I sometimes have problems scrolling all the way down to the drums and percussion. A workaround have been to hide the procesline to get all the way down. This issue happens mostly when I work on my laptop.

To scroll the Mixer left and right, I would actually recommend clicking and dragging left and right, rather than using the scroll wheel. We will add proper scrollbars to the Mixer in a future release.

As for accessing parts that are off the bottom of the drop-down menu, you should also be able to click and drag the list to scroll those that are out of view. If you can’t do that, you can always type Ctrl+T to open a new empty tab, which will then show you a scrollable list of layouts that you can bring into that tab.

1 Like

Hej Daniel.
Yes, I can drag the mixer maually. Was not aware that you hadn’t yet given it prober scroll functions yet.
As for the parts drop-down, I can click and drag but it bounces up, when I let go. In the arrangement I have open now, I can’t access the Percussion 2 part that way.

Hopefully my alternative method of adding an extra tab and then choosing the layout you want from the list will work well enough for you. There are also menu items in the Window menu to move to the next or previous layout in the current tab. And finally you can also switch to a particular part by selecting e.g. a note belonging to that player and then hitting W, the shortcut for Window > Counterpart Layout.

1 Like