Scrub/drag

Is there a way to scrub audio while dragging the bottom corner without having to switch to the scrub tool first? I would love to be able to do this with a modifier key.

Hi,

In general, you can define your modifiers in Preferences > Editing > Tool Modifiers. But I cannot see the Scrub Tool there.

Do you really mean Scrub? Or do you mean Time Stretch? If you mean Time Stretch, you can do so in the Preferences. Select the Size Objects tool from the list, and change the Time Stretch modifier (there is non, by default).

Yes, scrub. Like in PT. Makes total sense adjusting the event while seeing the waveform AND hearing it.

Hi,

What is your expected workflow and goal, please?

Do you want to resize the event (cut from left or right), and hear the cutting point while moving the border of the event?

Yes, that’s what I would do.

Hi,

Then you can just scrub over the project, and once you find the place you want to cut, press Alt+X to split at cursor – on the selected track(s).

Then you can press delete to delete the right part, or arrow left and delete, to delete the left one. You can make macros out of it.

That’s the way I usually do it in Nuendo.
You still need to change the tool for that. In PT you can do it with a modifier, that’s quite cool/handy.