SE3 stopped working

Hi everyone
I installed Cubase 7 recently on my Windows 7 PC. I also downloaded and installed SE3 to allow me open and convert old songs that I had created in VST5.1. Both versions worked well side by side and I converted a few songs with no problems …
… I was happy and all was well … until …
I installed the unlimited MP3 patch into Cubase 7 and updated the License Control Centre and then installed the latest Cubase 7 update … and now SE3 won’t open…
It starts to open Ok but keeps stopping at the point of ‘Initialising MPEG 1 Layer 3 (Fraunhofer)’ and then gives the message ‘SE3 has stopped working’ and goes no further…
I sort of guessing it may have something to do with the MP3 patch … but if it is I don’t know what to do about it…
I downloaded SE3 from the Cubase 4/5 section of the Forum…

Erm … anyone got any ideas please…!!

Hi Steve … Thanks for your time … really appreciate it!!

I did try uninstalling SE3 and reinstalling but unfortunately that didn’t fix it…!
I got an email from Steinberg support saying that would only be able to use SE3 because of the license … I didn’t even try installing SX3 but if I can’t get SE3 to work I may just try it…
Erm … I’ll happily try uninstalling the patch … but I don’t know how! … you wouldn’t be able to point me in the right direction?..!! The patch is working in Cubase 7. Sorry i forgot to mention I’ve got Cubase 7 Artist not the full version.
One thing that I wondered about was the need to register SE3 as it was a free download off the Cubase 4/5 forum but then it did work when I first installed it…
I suppose another thing to think about is that the Cubase 7 MP3 patch is not compatible with SE3 … Maybe I need to look at whether there is another patch for SE3 …?
More £s to spend then…!
Thanks Steve! … I’ll feed back when I get a solution…

Install latest eLCC.

Hi Immortal … I tried that too but no joy unfortunately…

I forgot! … I have also sent in a service request or whatever its called to Steinberg to see if they can guide me. I’ve been trawling through some posts on the net from various websites and it seems that SE3 did have a patch for MP3s but it was ‘withdrawn’ for some reason … (does anyone know if this is right…?)
I suppose one way around this would be to install SE3 on my laptop and keep swapping the license dongle over but that would be damned inconvenient…

OK Thanks Steve! … that another thing to try…

Aaaah… and the response from Steinberg Tech Support is that its the Cubase 7 Mp3 patch thats incompatible with SE3… So that sorts that one out…
…but… If I was to use Windows 7 XP compatibility mode to install SE3, I wonder if that would allow SE3 to start up without it seeing the Cubase 7 MP3 patch … Anyone got any ideas please!!!
Thanks guys!