Searching hairpin's engraving option "Do not cross barline - Allow to cross barline"

Engraving options > Dynamics page.
Despite typing “cross” in the Search Page field, Dorico does not search for the hairpin’s option “Hairpins ending at beginning of note at start of bar: Do not cross barline - Allow to cross barline”. Isn’t this a bug?

This will no doubt be caused by the same issue you have already reported here.

Thanks for a reply, @dspreadbury.
I felt it a slightly different kind of issue. The issue I’ve raised this time is that Dorico hasn’t been able to search for this hairpin option “Do not cross barline - Allow to cross barline” at all. If we type “cross” in the search pages field, we’ll see “1 match” next to it, but which means the option “Minimum distance to right of barline to allow dynamic to cross barline” has been matched, not “Do not cross barline - Allow to cross barline”. If Dorico’s search function is correct, shouldn’t the display here be “2 matches”?

My guess is that Dorico does not search the content of buttons/fields, it only searches the text in dialogues.

No, it’s the same issue. There are correctly three matches for the word “cross” on that page, but Dorico doesn’t find the ones in the Advanced Options section, due to the issue discussed in the previous thread. This is fixed in our development builds, so it will be resolved in the next major version.

4 Likes

Oh, I get it. Thanks for your explanation. And I’m glad to hear that all these issues will be resolved in the next Dorico!