Second license

Just arrived to studio to realize that my Dorico dongle is at home in the laptop. Was on the verge of purchasing another license to avoid the hour wasted… but the Steinberg shop can’t check my Cubase license to credit the cross-grade… so it could be two days before they approve my purchase of a second license, or I could pay for the full version. Honestly… it’s a commercial studio and job, and I would be fine with purchasing a second license immediately to solve this logistics problem… but not at full price. Guess the drive home and return solution is all I’ve got (with clients waiting here).

Please tell Steinberg to add a “buy a second license” purchase option, that would check our user account for existing purchases. If we can’t get away from the eLicenser just yet, at least it’s a solution for those of us working in the trenches with deadlines and clients.

1 Like

I feel your pain. Steinberg is very close to rolling out a new licensing system that will include, among other things, the ability to activate Dorico on two machines.

1 Like

So what’s the status now? Is the steinberg activation manager “the new thing”? If so, right now i really really wish it worked like the adobe manager, where i can remotely “de-activate” computers.

SIncerely Jørn, who needed dorico on the go on my laptop yesterday, but forgot to deactivate the laptop afterwards, and am now needing it in the studio computer, but forgot the laptop at home and I dont have time to drive home again to get it :frowning:

Welcome to the forum, Jørn. If it would be helpful, I could remove the activation from all of your computers remotely, so that you can reactivate the software on whichever machine you have with you now, and then on the remaining two when you are next with them. Let me know.