Secondary Time Format

As I need both Bars+Beats AND Time in the transport bar I was searching nd searching, for it and still have not found out how.
In the namual the following is explained:

“In the Main Transport section of the Transport panel, click Select Secondary Time Format.”…

…and that is exactly what i do not find, the secondary Time Format. What am i doing wrong?

Working with Cubase Elements 10.

Hi,

In Cubase Elements, there is no Secondary display.

Thanks, but I can’t believe it, because this comes right out of the new manual:

“Independent Time Displays (Cubase Elements only)
You can show time displays that are independent from the global display format.
To select an independent time display, do one of the following:
In the ruler of the Project window or any editor, click the arrow button to the right of the ruler.
In the global track controls area of the track list, click Add Other Track or Use Track Preset, select Add Ruler Track to add a ruler track, and right-click the ruler.
In the Main Transport section of the Transport panel, click Select Secondary Time Format.

So…maybe it’s a bug, I thought I could do with all previous versions.

Hi,

OK, I checked this with Cubase Elements 9.5 an dI find out, there is a Secondary display in Cubase Elements 9.5.

But it’s really missing in Cubase Elements 10.

From my point of view, this is bug: Secondary display is missing in Cubase Elements 10. I will report this to Steinberg.

But I can’t find it in the manual. Could you please send me a link to the exact online manual web-page? In the Transport Panel Section, I can see Primary Time Display only.

Thank you very much…I thought I was gonna get senile or so…lol…
So, already discovered two bugs…
Have a nice time, Danny - Syndromeda

This is listed in the CB E 10 Op Manual on page 180 (.pdf).

Independent Time Displays
(Cubase Elements only)
You can show time displays that are independent from the global display format.
To select an independent time display, do one of the following:

In the ruler of the Project window or any editor, click the arrow button to the right of the ruler.

In the global track controls area of the track list, click Add Other Track or Use Track Preset, select Add Ruler Trackto add a ruler track, and right-click the ruler.

In the Main Transport section of the Transport panel, click Select Secondary Time Format

Regards :sunglasses:

Indeed… that’s exactly what I read too…

Hi,

I was hoping in the online link. :wink: Yes, I can confirm it’s in the manual here.

At the other hand in the Transport Panel Sections, there is clearly the Primary Display only. So there is definitely “a bug” in the manual, one of these information is wrong. Lets see.

Repotred to Steinberg (CAN-19760).

Yes, I am sure to have worked with Time AND Bars+beats in previous versions. So let’s hope it’s a bug and they just forgot to implement the secondary display