Select all Events with same channel?

In a Midipart like an SMF-Song with events on multiple channels. Can i select one event in the keyeditor and let Cubase then select all Events with the same channel?

I hoped to find that function in the logical editor presets but i guess its not there. Is it possible anyway?

Hi,

Unfortunately you can’t use the channel of the currently selected MIDI Note as a variable in the Logical Editor.

But of course, you could do:
Type is | Equal | Note | And
Channel | Equal | wanted channel nr

–empty-

Select

Well not as fast but also a way to do it. Thanks a lot!

The way you make this fast is you build an LE Preset for each channel of interest (I have them for channels 1-4 because SATB) and assign those to Key Commands. Then it is just a single keystroke to select all notes on ch 3 for example.

And if you happen to use Metagrid, these make great buttons there.

But yeah it would be nice if the Logical Editors supported variables, sigh.

This is exactly what i did. But i did not assign them to keycommands but i named them the way that run with one keystroke (first letter of name) if i open the logical presets. Thank you!

This is exactly what i did. But i did not assign them to keycommands but i named them the way that run with one keystroke (first letter of name) if i open the logical presets. Thank you!

LE should allow variables and loops. And more :slight_smile:

But most of all there should be a complete documentation with all options explained.

Totally agree.

Fortunately, there are some good videos explaining the LE on YouTube.
Variables / using informaton of selected events would be great.