select in loop -- on the selected track (PLE)

i may be missing a known move, but the solution i found for achieving this (ie., select whatever is between the locators, but only on the selected track)… seems quite cumbersome.

i can use a macro that will trigger a command from the visibility agents family (show only selected channels / tracks), then select in loop, and ends with undo visibility change.

could you think of a more elegant way that would not rely on visibility-related commands? i wasn’t able to do this in a single PLE script for some reason.

thank you.

A Macro

Select all on track
PLE Preset consisting of

Filter Target|Condition  | Param 1| Param 2| Bool

Property| Property is Set| Selected|        |And
Position| Inside Cycle   |         |        |And

The parts outside the cycle appear to be selected but are not, if you hover the mouse over those elements they get updated to the correct state.

(I wonder if you tried this but got stuck on the grahic selection bug described, which I believe has been reported)

thank you!

i recently discovered the redraw bug.

having said that, this macro / PLE script is not working as expected over here.

maybe i am not correctly getting the logic, or indeed i have implemented it wrong.

select all on track(s) does select all events of the given track. the PLE script is presumably of the ‘Select’ variety. now, ‘selecting from within selected’ events is producing zero selected events. (to be precise-- everything appears selected at first because of the redraw bug. but after hovering over all the events, none remain selected in fact.)

Does it work when you do the track selection and select all on track manually, followed by the PLE?

it doesn’t when executed manually either (i previously tried the macro with dummy steps as well.)

here’s the PLE for reference in case i’d forgotten something.

thank you for the help.

Hm… Possibly PC only? Can can you create a repro in an empty project to report?

i will. this works for you on a mac (with the PLE script not including any ‘media’ or ‘container type’ filter conditions)?

Yes,

• Select all on track
  • PLE Preset consisting of

Filter Target|Condition | Param 1| Param 2| Bool

Property| Property is Set| Selected| |And
Position| Inside Cycle | | |And

>