Select last note in a phrase

Hi folks,

a newbie here, trying to get my head around Cubase. So far things flow quite easily, but a question:

is there a chance to somehow select a last note inside a region? I’m often wanting to select a group of notes and make them legato, and in that case I don’t usually want to select the last note.

And similarly, because of some negative midi offsets, I’d like to be able to select only the first note in a region, and slip it forward a couple of ms…

So far haven’t been able to figure this out with logical editor/macros.

thanks,

Jussi L.

For the last note, in the key or score editor, select all, then do Shift-Left it will deselect the last note.

For the first note you can simply hit Right and it will select the first note, or use the Context variable Last Event with Event Counter less than 2.

1 Like

Steve,

excellent, many thanks!

best,

JL

This does not work in Nuendo 13. I assume what you mean @steve is that Shift-L/Shift-R triggers key shortcuts “Add Left/Add Right”?

Select All + Add Left/Right has erratic behaviour in Nuendo 13. Sometimes deselecting the beginning of a phrase, sometimes the end of a phrase, sometimes not reacting at all.

EDIT: It does work, but not if the last note in the selection is the last note of the part. This has to be a bug, I’ll write a reproduction report.