Select Similar Crashes SL7

OSX 10.14.6 - In Stand-Alone (waiting for Extension fix), trying to Select Similar produces an instant crash of SpectraLayers Pro 7. This occurs both with Select Next and Select All. Crash Reports attached.
SLPro7-SelectSimilarCrashReports.zip (44 KB)

Unfortunately your CPU doesn’t support AVX instructions, which is required to use Select Similar, Unmix Components and Clip Repair.
Mac usually support AVX instructions after 2010.
A future update might lift this restriction later this year.

Oh wow. That’s a big portion of SpectaLayers that is unusable. Wish I had known that before I spent a significant amount of money to buy it.

I appreciate your quick response and a glimmer of hope? Do you mean that you might remove this restriction from SpectraLayers? Or are you speaking of developments in OSX. I ask because if I want to keep using my Steinberg MRX I can’t upgrade beyond Mohave. The latter places me in a prohibitive upgrade of many (even tens of) thousands of dollars for computer and interface. As you may know, Apple has costed the mac pro on par with a luxury vehicle, and Steinberg has dropped driver support for the MRX series. Seems like evaporating love anywhere for mid-range customers who are still able to lay out mere hundreds or smaller thousands at a time. Not your problem, I know. I knew this day would arrive, but didn’t think it would cost so much to find out it was here already.

So is there a glimmer of hope for Spectralayers itself? Should I avoid Cubase 11? I know I am not the only one here who would be helped by a heads up.

Thanks Robin. Fingers crossed for this exciting tool.

Well, great news, I successfully lifted the AVX restriction today, much sooner than expected :slight_smile: So it will also be part of wednesday’s patch !

As far as I know Cubase 11 won’t need AVX either, you should be good (I can’t speak for the Cubase team though, I’m not involved in the development).

Wow, again! Robin, it is a great pleasure to do business with you. Thanks very much for your prompt consideration. :smiley: