Select To End of Project

Is there any way to select everything from the first bar in a project to the last bar of the final flow?

I’m working on the complete Bach Cello Suites and I want to reset all fingerings and remove all text items. It’s very time consuming only being able to select all in a flow, make the changes, and them move onto the next flow.

I’m making. transcription for clarinet so I also want to be able to transpose everything so the transposed part for the clarinet uses the same keys as the cello but will playback properly. It would be great to be able to transpose all flows at the same time.

Some thoughts you may or may not have considered for speeding up the process:

• Fingering visibility is a Layout Option. If you don’t intend to give the clarinet any fingering at all, just turn off fingering for the clarinet layout (and that really will do the whole lot in one go.
  • J Reset Fingering Enter (or set a shorter alias) is pretty quick.
  • Grabbing a single text item and typing Cmd/Ctrl-Shift-A (then Del/Backspace) a few times is pretty quick.
  • It may be worth investigating the Clefs and Transposition Overrides dialog rather than actually transposing the music. Again, that’ll apply to all flows in one go.

Dorico makes this very difficult. It can be done with the Marquee selection tool but that can only be used on what is visible. But, on Windows at least, I can scroll horizontally by holding Shift and moving my mouse scroll wheel. So my procedure is…

Zoom out as far as possible
Make the Hand tool default (rather than Marquee tool)
Hold the Shift key down then click drag, scroll with the mouse wheel. (tricky but possible)

2 Likes

I stand corrected :smiley:
Good shout.

1 Like

Hi Leo,

Thanks for that. I had considered using Clefs and Transposition Overrides but was just wondering if there was a way to select everything.

Best wishes,

Harry

Thanks, Craig.

I’ll give that a go on my Mac.

Best wishes,

Harry

Hi @Craig_F ,

That worked perfectly. It would be great if Dorico had a Select To End Of Project option, but this is a simple workaround.

Now, what do I do when working on my iPad? :grimacing:

Best wishes,

Harry

1 Like