Selected Item Color

Hi again,

There is no setting to revert the new selection scheme back to the one used in Cubase 5 and before. But there are new appearance settings in the preferences for the waveform and MIDI event display. They are documented in the Cubase 6 ReadMe PDF on the install disc but once you have them on screen they are pretty self-explaining. Have you tried them?

Someone posted a faked image here where a selected event would just be a black blob (not showing the content anymore when selected), I just wanted to prevent that others start to believe this would be true in C6.

Yeah, that wasn’t me who posted. Yes I have tried the image settings for waveforms. I’m not at my DAW right now. I’ll post what I have when I get back to my workstation. But, that black blob is fairly accurate to what I get if I have my waveform set to black. I don’t get a reversed background like your 2nd picture.

The waveform in Christian’s lower screen shot is not the black bit; it is the light red bit…! :wink:
The upper of his images shows the unselected audio part, and the waveform is the dark red bit…

Just so you’re clear… :slight_smile:

I posted that Cubase 5 image that prompted Christian’s image posting… I since updated mine so there can be no doubt about what it’s meant to be.

Thank you! Yes, my shot shows settings of personal preference and not the default appearance after a fresh install, but this is all detail and not relevant for the posters original question.

Aloha guys,

This is a confusing thread.
{‘-’}

No, it is. :mrgreen:

Thanks for following up Christian. I’ll be able to do a screen grab in about 2 hours.

Well, I have to fess up to being blind. I somehow/somewhen set the “display waveform” off. No clue how I did that, but that was the reason for the blackout.

I still don’t like how “selected” looks, but everything is visible now. Sorry for the confusion.
selected.png
So, I guess I’m back to a simple request. See if at some future date we can set the intensity of “selected” events
Thanks for the patience Christopher.

Hi,

Try setting the midi display mode to ‘blocks’. It improved the display of midi events 1000%. Well maybe not quite that much :smiley:

Most of my work is Midi and this helps a lot.

byebye
Nathan

Thanks for the tip! Not sure if I like it or not :slight_smile: I’ll let it sit at block for awhile. It is easier to see “data”. But if there is lots of notes it’s just a big blob.