Selecting a signpost underneath text

Is there a way to decide which of overlapping objects to select? My example is attached, which is specific to having text and the system brake signpost overlapping. I know I can hide the signpost, but can I hide that text, or have some other way of selecting only the signpost?
1.png

Try Alt+click to click “through” multiple objects on top of each other. (Or was it Shift+click? I’m not in front of Dorico…)

Alt-click does nothing for me. Doesn’t even select anything. Shift-click selects the entire bar. Control-click is the same as vanilla click: select all objects directly clicked on.

Alt-shift-click. I use it often!

3 Likes

Ah, that’s it. Thanks!

Or just the bare arrow keys to change the selection. (You’ll get there eventually!)

Any suggestion how to get this to work on a Norwegian keyboard? Is there a shortcut that can be found and defined in the preferences?

Alt-Shift-click should work regardless of keyboard language. No, this isn’t a shortcut that can be defined.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 22.43.42
I have tried 2 different projects on an iMac and a Mac mini, using Apple Magic Mouse and Wacom pen tablet. Alt-Shift-Click works, I have discovered. I can get to chord symbols and text, but not system breaks: Double clicking +alt-shift doesn’t not open system breaks editor. I ended up moving the system back, edit it, then moved it back.

Are you trying to select a system break so that you can access the Manual Staff Visibility dialog? If so, then you can also select anything at the same position as the system break and invoke the dialog via the context menu or the jump bar: it will correctly identify the existing system break at the same location.

1 Like

Exactly! Tank you!