Selecting MIDI Notes by Their Beat

I have quantized drum tracks in Cubase Artist 8.5 on Windows 10. Each drum plays on its own separate MIDI track. All events are played on 8th note beats (1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and). Is there a quick and easy way to select only the events that are played on numbered beats (1, 2, 3, or 4) for a whole song, without having to select each one individually? Ideally, the solution should also work for selecting only the off-beats (ands), or any numbered beat, such as only the 2s and 4s. Thanks in advance.

Yes the Logical Editor will do that. Not at my DAW right now so can’t give specifics. But if you look at the stock LE Presets there is at least one that processes notes based on position in the measure. Look at that as an example of how it works. You’ll need to create a unique LE Preset for each selection variation (e.g. one for 1-2-3-4, another for just 1-3, etc.). Also make sure you set your presets to Select & not Transform.

Thank you! I searched YouTube for “Cubase Logical Editor” and a few videos there by “Finish Your Song” taught me how to find and start the Logical Editor. Thanks for getting me started.

I thought I have thanked every person who has helped me here, texually like this. Is there some other thing I need to do in this interface to show up as having thanked a person? The system makes it appear as if I haven’t thanked anyone.

It appears that in Cubase 8.5 Artist, maybe I need to select a MIDI part and then from the menu, choose MIDI / Functions. But I can’t figure out where to go from there. It seems I’m at a dead end.

Didn’t know you were using Artist (why we encourage folks to put their configuration in their sig). The Logical Editor is only available in Pro. There’s no way to do what you want in Artist. Sorry.

I thought I have thanked every person who has helped me here, texually like this. Is there some other thing I need to do in this interface to show up as having thanked a person? The system makes it appear as if I haven’t thanked anyone.

Use the Thumbs Up button.