Selecting Paper Trays When Printing

I’m trying to print a Dorico part to a Kyocera Taskalfa 5200i printer which has 5 paper trays.
Two of the trays have the A3 paper in them, and two trays have A4 paper in them, the trays contain paper of different colours and weights.
I could be wrong, but there does not appear to be a way to select a “paper feed” from the print menu.
This also applies to the selecting a last page of odd numbered spread to be printed on a single (A4) page. Am I missing something, or is the functionality currently missing ?

Regards

Dave Hage

You’re quite right, Dave: at the moment you can only choose the desired paper size, and not the specific paper tray.

Thanks Daniel,

In an ideal world you could pick a printer/ tray etc entirely separately for score and parts. i.e send score copies to one printer / tray , and 2 and 1 up parts to an entirely different printer tray at the same time !

Regards

Dave

Yes, this was in our original plans, but unfortunately at the moment we don’t have any access to the specific trays in the printer via the APIs provided to us by the Qt framework we’re using. There’s only limited support for setting the paper source, and only on Windows, so unfortunately this is not something that will be easy for us to add in the near future. Hopefully it will become possible in the future.

Thanks Daniel,

Unfortunately this does rather hobble any printing at the moment.

Regards

Dave

As a workaround, export to PDF and then use any of the hundreds (thousands?) of PDF readers to print to whichever combination of paper trays you like.