Selecting UI elements requires multiple clicks

Ever since 9.5.50, I often have to click on things multiple times with my Magic Trackpad to get it to register.

For example, filenames, the clip and output buttons under the effects tab of the montage, and most notoriously, the little x to close a window. Sometimes it works the first time, sometimes it takes 3-4 times to register. It’s not that it’s slow, it just doesn’t register at all.

I haven’t found a reliable pattern. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it hounds me the entire session.

I don’t think anything changed on my end, but I never had these sorts of problems pre 9.5.50.

Any ideas?

Brian Hazard // RESONANCE MASTERING // www.resonancemastering.com // 714.963.3696

I haven’t noticed this with the Magic Mouse 2 on 10.13 or 10.14. I think I have a Magic Trackpad somewhere I can test with.

I should’ve said Magic Trackpad 2. :smile:

I tend to hate using trackpads in general. Your complaint is one reason why.

I’ve been trackpads-only for over a quarter century! In college I got tendonitis in my right (mousing) hand, so I bought a trackpad and started using it with my left. Never went back!

It was fantastic in WaveLab too until 9.5.50. All other apps are fine, so I don’t think it’s Mojave.

I have a “Track Pad 2” (the one with a white surface). I don’t use it by default, but if I do, I have no problem.
9.5.50 + Mojave.

Hmm. Yeah, that’s the one I have. I’m at a loss then. I’ve had issues since the very first time launching this version.

And with a mouse, do you have a problem?

After plugging in the mouse, it works perfectly, but now the trackpad works perfectly too with them both plugged in!

I’ll see if I can’t better isolate when it happens. When it’s a problem, it’s a PROBLEM. Like, I have to click the little “x” in the upper left of a window many times to get it to work.