Selection filter for slurs and tuplets

Is there a way have slurs and tuplets not a part of default selection?
I often find that while I’m making a point and click selection of a note, measure or passage to modify (to add dynamic, change duration, or edit with properties panel) and I’m not able to do what I need to do as expected because a slur or tulplet is selected, changing the intended position of my entry, or, in the case of tuplets, that my desired properties don’t display.

3 Likes

Yes, this can be frustrating from time to time. Sometimes zooming in will get you a better aim, and sometimes I use shift-option(alt)-click to rotate through objects overlapping each other. In general, I think the clickable area for many objects is too large. If you click a notehead (and really try to hit only the notehead), you often end up selecting adjacent noteheads and other objects.

1 Like

The problem with the way selecting works is that it is unpredictable. Even after a year of carefully observing what I get when I click here, or here, zoomed to this size or this size, I am still surprised half of the time. This is a sign of ineffective design. I’m sure if I knew the tech specs of exactly the area around the tip of the arrow that will select – and exactly the area around objects by which they can be selected – I could understand the logic and get along with it. But as of 4.2 it is still an unpleasant guessing game at reasonable zoom sizes.

3 Likes