Selection length

Hello group,

Is there any way to see the length of a selection with the range tool and between the locators?

Thanks

Between locatorsā€¦

Show Time Display (in devices menu)
Set time display to seconds (if needed) In Device Menu>Device Setup
Toggle between 1 and 2 on numeric keypad (with Num Lock on). This moves cursor to locate points. I guess Mac is same as Windows in this regard?
Beginning and end time shows on screen, subtract position 1 from 2

Alternately, switch ruler - at top of arrange page to seconds (right click)

Thanks Parrotspain,

Of course I can subtract the 2 values, itā€™s easy to do when working with round values. When working with timecode, itā€™s quite annoying to do the mathsā€¦

I am wondering if thereā€™s a way to know it without doing the maths.

If you use the range tool, start, end and lenght should be displayed in info line.

1 Like

Thanks for that, you got it. Thou it could be nice to have the length between the locators showing somewhere in the transportā€¦

I was just wishing for this myself. I have a part of X Bars and X Beats and it would be very helpful to know the length of that selection bars and beats, TC, seconds, etc.

Weā€™re looking for a display of the length of a selection to be displayed in any of the time formats we might need.

There are time code calculators , for example, Rob's Timecode Calculator (simple example, not endorsement), but Iā€™d like to know the absolute length of a selection in whatever time values I need to see at the moment, bars/beats, time code, real time, etc.

Hello! I recently discovered this for myself, I hope it will also be interesting for you. Here, in the ā€œArranger Editorā€ you can see the duration of the sound of individual parts or full song.

Hey Everyone - I found an easy way to do this that might help someone else:

1. Set the locators to the area you want to measure (I typically use the selection tool and then hit ā€˜Pā€™).
  2. Open the ā€œTempo Trackā€ (Command + T)
  3. Click on the ā€œOpen Process Tempo Dialogā€ box in the toolbar.
  4. In the ā€œProcess Rangeā€ box, it shows the length at the bottom.

I hope this helps someone!

Thank you dbusheā€¦ that works a treatā€¦ just what i was looking for :smiley:

Range Tool + Select Range + Info Line :wink: