Selling a Cubase 6 Upgrade?? How???

I’m considering selling my C6 upgrade package.
I upgraded from LE4, soft license.
Currently I have the USB key and it only shows C6 even though I dragged the LE4 Soft License over which was the only way to get the upgrade to work.

So currently I have on the USB key, a C6 license.
On the “Soft License” thing I have LE4 which expires next month…
LE4 works fine, even after I faked the date in BIOS.

So…How do I sell this thing?

Do I have to include the LE4 CD after I unregister or has the C^ upgrade already been satisfied?

Bottom line is I want the buyer to be able to easily register C6.

FWIW, C6 is a very nice program, no complaints, but Protools fits my needs better.

Thank you in advance.

There is a “Steinberg software resale wizard” on the Steinberg page. Or use the board´s search function, the link is mentioned here several times.

Hi thinkingcap !

Yea, I did the upgrade advisor (nice tool BTW), but none of the selections really fit my criteria.

I just want to know if I sell C6 with the key, after I de-register it, will the person buying it be able to install it as a full version OR will I need to de-register LE4, give them the C4LE disk and have them start again?

The LE4 does NOT show up on the USB key after I did the upgrade.

hi Steveo42

Why dont you hang onto cubase 6, if you have pro tools or are going to get pro tools remember you will be stuck at 32bit for now untill pro tools ups to 64 bit,

If you “upgraded” from LE4 then the new buyer must have YOUR LE4 also.

Think about this:
If you could give them ONLY the cubase 6 upgrade and they have the full Cubase 6 product. Could we all just spend 1/2 price on Upgrades and USB keys and never buy the full product at all?

answer: Yes, they must have the older verson you upgraded also.

IMHO

Good points!!
I didn’t think about that one :slight_smile:
If I sell it, I’ll just sell both LE4, C6 and the USB key and the buyer can just start from scratch like I did.

Thanks for the reply!

Hardly half, try $100 less…

Steveo42:
How much are you asking?

I would think that the new owner of the C6 upgrade should not need to have YOUR qualifying product (LE4 in this case) but would need to have A qualifying product (i.e. they already own LE4 themselves)
Not saying this is in fact how it is, just saying this is IMO how is should be.
If you could sell someone a fully licensed C6 (that did not previously own any qualified version), AND continue to still use your LE4, then that would be IMO wrong.
J.L.

Good point Jaslan. If his Cubase 6 upgrade was unused and never activated it could potentially go to any Cubase user to upgrade their old versions.

Only thing is here - he apparently already activated it and upgraded the old version:

I’m considering selling my C6 upgrade package.
I upgraded from LE4, soft license.
Currently I have the USB key and it only shows C6 even though I dragged the LE4 Soft License over which was the only way to get the upgrade to work> .

Good point thou. Especially if someone had ordered more than 1 upgrade and decided to only apply one upgrade. Then they could be free to sell the upgrade package (making sure to note to buyers the need to have a previous version in order for it to work)