Selling Cubase 4 - but no activation codes received

My Steinberg USB-key has only 1 license on it: Cubase 4.
The resale wizard tells me I should note down the latest activation code I have received online, and then delete the registration on the USB-key. Then provide the new owner with the activation code I wrote down.
However I have received no activation codes at all!
How can that be?

My Cubase 4 runs perfectly with the USB-key plugged in.

Thanks.

Best,
Henrik

Looks like the wizard is “confused” a little bit. It leads you to unregistration of “soft e-licenser”, even if you check “USB licenser”. That´s the reason you have not received any online activation codes. You´re using an USB dongle, and certainly got your activation code on a piece of paper in the Cubase 4 box.
You should not delete any registration on the USB key, but the USB-Key-registration in “my Steinberg” under “Registered USB e-licensers / Steinberg keys…”. Since the license is on the key anyway, the buyer doesn´t need any activation code, since there is no need to reactivate Cubase 4. Re-activation is only necessary with products using soft-eLicensers.

Was C4 an upgrade from a previous version?

Thanks for the replies.

The C4 is the full version, not an upgrade from a previous version.

You´re using an USB dongle, and certainly got your activation code on a piece of paper in the Cubase 4 box.

Hm, I simply cannot find any activation code anywhere.
I’ve checked on the DVD cover, on the manual and on the Getting started-book that came with Cubase.
No activation code anywhere.

Where is it supposed to be placed, the activation code?