Send CC64=0 on Playback Stop

Hi Daniel, has this been added to Dorico? My VSL Imperial Piano via VEPro does hang with pedal down when stopping playback in Dorico 3.5.

My earlier reply was concerning Dorico sending these MIDI messages to MIDI devices; Dorico already sends “all notes off” and controller reset messages for VST instruments, unless you have explicitly turned off the relevant preference that controls this behaviour.

Hi Daniel, I still do encounter this issue of a hanging pedal when I have instruments loaded via Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. The damper pedal does not hang, but the sostenuto pedal always hangs if I stop playback while it’s being held. I just tried it with Pianoteq loaded directly into Dorico, and it has the same behavior. I can confirm that Pianoteq is receiving “All Notes Off” and “All Controllers Off” messages from Dorico (and the pedals do raise in the Pianoteq GUI), but notes that were held with the sostenuto pedal will continue to ring. Plus, if I click on a note that was held by the sostenuto so Dorico replays it, it will hold as if the pedal is down. There’s definitely something odd going on, but I can’t know for sure whether it’s an issue with Dorico or with the VIs. I’m inclined to think it’s something on Dorico’s end since the issue is occurring with more than one VI.

I’m not sure what more Dorico can do, adtino. It’s sending the appropriate MIDI reset messages. Perhaps you could ask the Pianoteq support team what they think?

Bumping this one, as I still can´t get any of my Piano libraries in VePro not hanging on CC64 on stopping playback. It works when the VST is directly loaded in Dorico, but not when they are in Vienna Ensemble Pro.
I have ticked the box for this in Play-preferences.

What port(s) are you using in VE Pro? I’m not certain, but it might be that we are only sending the controller reset message to the first port.

Yes, that is correct. It functions as expected when inserted on port 1.

Thanks!