Send FX Issue when exporting stems in Cubase 12?

Hi there,

I recently upgraded to Cubase 12 and im having an issue exporting stems with the send fx active.

I have a template set for this where all my send fx are set to solo defeat and I export as +Master/Groups/Sends (CSPM) - this always worked for me in the past on Cubase 11.
But for some reason that exact same template and settings are not working in Cubase 12. It exports totally dry with no send fx.

I opened up the same project in Cubase 11 and it exported it fine with all sends applied.
Does anyone know what the issue could be? Or if this is a bug in Cubase 12?

nobody else has experienced this issue?

Hi Dadnalog, did you find a solution to this issue? I’ve just switched to Cubase 12 and suddenly found myself with Dry stems.

I figured out a simple work around, but I’d love to know how to fix it properly.

Can anybody confirm if solo defeat for fx sends and audio file export is working now?

Hi Haunts. What was the solution you found? Thanks.

Hey Leggy, so I have all my drums going to their own group, bass going to a group, strings going to a group and so on, and I was finding my mix downs of those groups were dry.

My work around was to make a new FX send, but not load a VST in it, and name it ‘dummy’.
Then find the ‘dummy’ FX channel and bring the fader all the way down.
Set all the Effects to ‘Solo Defeat’ while I’m down there.
Then on each of my instrument groups send them to my dummy FX send.

During the mixdown Cubase sees it needs to include the send from the Group to the dummy FX, and will inadvertently include the FX for all the other channels solving the issue.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi there and thanks for this. Well I’m not sure what’s going on here but for me it just seems to be working without any work-arounds? At the moment I’m exporting a ton of cues from a film score and if I route all the audio tracks (that have send fx on) to individual stem groups and then solo defeat the send fx channels and select Master/Groups/Sends as the export option when I do a multi export of the group channels, I’m getting each stem group with send fx included for each individual audio track even which is what it’s supposed to do isn’t it? Still a bit of a faff with too many clicks to do it - I’m sure the export function can be streamlined and hopefully it will - but anyway this is doing it for me. Thanks again for your suggestion anyway but unless I’m missing something this seems to be working.

1 Like

Hi,

I exported stems from my groups last week. Fx sends and master effect included.

It’s workink fine here. Windows 11, Cubase 12 Pro (the version prior to the latest).

1 Like

Ahh that is interesting, and hopeful!
Mine sadly is exporting dry groups still. I don’t *think I"m missing anything, in fact I export just as you described - but mine are dry, unless I do my little dummy FX send on the groups.
Kind of a faff but at least I know what I’m exporting sounds correct.

1 Like