I’m working on an LP where a number of songs have splices separating sections so they can be treated differently from the track as a whole. During playback the audio plays seamlessly over the cut marks while both entering the section with a new plug-in added to the clip FX and exiting. However, when rendering a small gap of silence occurs at each splice.
- Bounce the song’s plug-in processing offline via the superclip function
- Add the unique plug-in addressing a particular section to all other clips in the song with the mix/blend at 0%, theoretically maintaining the same plug-in CPU demand from clip to clip (I thought this would work for sure!)
- Abandon clip separation approach, change insert from standard insert to wet/dry blend, automate envelope accordingly (the result of this may warrant a thread of its own - clean audio during playback, but when rendering sections where the blend wasn’t either completely dry or completely wet, rather than playing back the blend in perfect sync, it’s as if the delay compensation of the dry vs. wet was off and as a result it played back flamming against each other)
- Downloaded and installed the latest version of Soothe 2 as this was one of the plug-ins in use
- I’m using WaveLab 10.0.4. I downloaded the latest version today, but am admittedly weary of doing the update mid-project.
- Mac OS 10.15.7
Any suggestions on what may be going on, or if there is a better approach to section by section processing would be appreciated!