You could use a Project Logic editor and bind a key to the operation. Automate the process of moving or copying the parts on an instrument track to a MIDI track so it only takes a key combo, or a mouse selection in the macro menu.
I’m not sitting at Cubase right now so I can’t actually build this and share it and snap shots right now, but it’d be pretty basic.
First you’d click the instrument track.
Then play a macro that:
- adds a new MIDI track just below the selected track.
1b. Optionally, you can have it name the new track something useful.
- Sets the cursor at the beginning of the project.
- Selects all the events in the selected track.
- Copies (or cuts if preferred) the selected events.
- Selects the next track down.
- Paste at cursor.
There are probably other ways to do it as well using stuff in the MIDI menu.