Seperate Inserts for different Speaker Configurations Request

A large amount of studios process their different sets of monitors via the monitoring inserts using corrective eq systems like ‘Sonarworks’ which is impossible to do effectively in Wavelab because you cannot add different plugins to each set of monitors in the speaker Configuration section of the Master Section. This has been available in Cubase for some time now but needs to be added to Wavelab or it will be unusable for studios such as mine. When I purchased Wavelab recently I was shocked to find this feature missing.

I’m surprised it’s taken this long to make its way to WL? :face_with_monocle:

What do you mean C.Lyde? Are you saying this has now been added to Wavelab? I cannot see it.

Or just that it is taking too long? It is a big one for me when mastering.

I think it really needs something like the cubase/nuendo control room

When (if) we eventually get proper multichannel support I’d like to be able to add something like the nuendo mixerdelay and bass manager plugin - different volumes etc

+1 on that, I was very surprised at this, as well as the number of inconsistencies and bugs in a software that is this old. I feel like I bought an expensive car without a gearbox, or at least without a reverse gear. I have been looking for an alternative ever since…

Yes - basically that the Control Room concept has not made its way to WL … is strange

Totally agree with you. The Control Room from Cubase is the answer to many problems and complaints that I have read in these forums. It is an elegant solution and would help workflow coming from Cubase mixing to WL montage etc.

I agree that the ‘Control Room’ would be the best outcome in the long-run but may take a while to implement. But really all I need at this stage is an insert for each of the extra set of monitor outs which is hopefully an addition that can be added sooner than later!!! (this way we can use EQ corrective plugins such as Sonarworks when mastering).

I am very dissappointed to see this issue has not been adressed in any way in Wavelab pro 11 from what I can see. I will not be doing anymore upgades including this one to Wavelab 11 unless they fix this issue. It just makes it too difficult for me to do mastering!