SERIOUS BUG: Resizing WINDOWS-window causes crash

100% reproducible on both my studio rig (MacPro 5.1) and my mobile rig (MacBookPro 2018):

When trying to resize the Windows-window, Nuendo 100% of the cases renders unresponsive…
Anyone who can (easily) confirm this?

Niek/ Amsterdam.

Hi Niek,

Did you update your Nuendo version recently? It might help to delete the preferences file.

Preferences of Cubase and Nuendo

This article lists files which are storing program settings or preferences on your system for current Cubase and Nuendo versions. Some of the files listed here might not be available in Cubase Essential/Studio/Artist/AI/LE though.

The folder in which Cubase and Nuendo preferences are being stored can be found here:

Mac OS X

Quit all programs.
Go to “Your Username/Library/Preferences” and locate the folder which is named the same as your Cubase/Nuendo version.
Please note: Since Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), the user’s Library folder is hidden! Here is how to access it: In the menu bar of Mac OS X click on “Go”. While the menu is folded out holding down the [ alt ] key (options) will show the “Library” entry.

Windows

Close all programs.
Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the ‘Run’ command prompt.
(Windows XP: Select ‘Run’ from the Start menu.)
In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
Locate the folder which is named the same as your Cubase/Nuendo version.

Thanks for your help Davinzzie,
yes; I’m on the latest version of Nuendo: 10.3.

And thanks for your suggestion to remove my prefs, but no luck; it even causes Nuendo to crash completely when I try to resize the Windows window…

I am afraid it’s a Mac-related bug.
Did you try it on your system?
Could you do that please?

Thanks, Niek/ Amsterdam.

Hi Niek

Same problem here, on a Mac Pro 5.1 running High Sierra.

The crash log reads: Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit), see attached log.

Best, Alan
Nuendo 10.3_2020-08-09-192328-studio-2.crash (155 KB)

Thanks for checking it Alan, and for confirming it is probably Mac related.
I’ve sent a support ticket to MySteinberg, but usually it takes ages before they pick it up.

Niek/ Amsterdam.