Serious Midi Problem. True Frustration!

Hello,

Yesterday My Cubase 6.5 worked fine for the most part.

I have a Midi keyboard controller.

Today I can record midi but cannot hear the audio while recording.
I can play the midi and then I can hear the audio.

Here is what I suspect:
I was trying to resolve the MIDI routing issue on the thread: MIDI Routing Explain Request. Revised - Help! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

At one time I went to the Input Transformer and somehow accidently I deleted Pass Channel 02. I somehow made up a new Pass Channel 02 and the list 1-16 was now complete again. Afterwards I noticed that midi Channel 2 was not visible on the channel monitor nor audible. Perhaps coincidence ? Trying to fix this and resolve the midi routing issue I ended up not hearing any channel.

Desperate. Please help.

Midi in does not trigger instrument tracks - Cubase - Steinberg Forums?

thinkingcap,

I appreciate that quick response. It work ok for all the midi channels except for #2.

Here is what I suspect:
I was trying to resolve the MIDI routing issue on the thread: MIDI Routing Explain Request. Revised - Help! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
At one time I went to the Input Transformer and somehow accidently deleted Pass Channel 02. I somehow made up a new Pass Channel 02 and the list 1-16 was now complete again. :slight_smile:

Afterwards I noticed that midi Channel 2 was not visible on the channel monitor nor audible nor was the midi recording. :unamused: :frowning: :cry: Perhaps coincidence? All midi channels work just fine when monitored at the “Input Routing”. Somehow midi channel 2 does not get to the “Output Routing”. :unamused: :frowning: :cry:

The Input Transformer is not active.

I should add that in two other hosts, Energy XT and Bidule as standalone, channel 2 and all the other 15 channels work fine.

Desperate. Please help.

Hi guys,

please reset your Cubase preferences and start the setup again from the scratch.

Here is the link to further information:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer.html

Cheers,

Marcus

Marcus,

Thanks for helping.

I know this going to sound very stupid. I am sure every knows the answer but what is a Cubase resp. I but know the Cubase part but what is a resp.?

In the Link https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer.html I assume when it states Preferences in Cubase 6.5 in the Windows Explorer it means Presets. Correct?

I did move the presets files and folders to the desktop and when I open Cubase the only presets that appeared in the Windows Explorer were the Project Logical Editor and Staff folders only.

By delete Preferences did they mean to delete all the files and folders under Cubase_6 64?

Marcus,

The instruction writers should write instructions for people like me, that do not know what a resp. is nor know that the files and folders below Cubase-6 64 are called Preferences.

Thanks, finally got it working.

resp. = respectively, respective

Ie. Whichever program you have (since the instructions are for both Nuendo and Cubase).

Shinta215,

Dang! I thought resp. was something much more es. :laughing: :blush:
Es. short for esoteric. :astonished:
Omitting 8 letters from resp. in this day of hardship makes a lot of economic sense. :bulb:
Just being sarcastic! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation. :smiley: