seriously, I'm about to be done with both Cubase & PC

for real. isn’t any Steinberg’s technician here to run through the problems users have?
this is insane. I’ve posted more than a week ago and only one person have answered. my problem is not solved, I’m running late on dead line, and the support dude by Email is not helpful at all.

ISN’T THERE ANY PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL SO I CAN HAVE A TECHNICIAN FIX THE ISSUE ON POINT, INSTEAD OF WAITING AROUND, HOPING THE TECHNICIAN WILL SAY SOMETHING MORE USEFUL THIS TIME HIS EMAIL COMES AROUND.

OH MY GOD, can’t believe Maudio’s customer’s support for a garbage sound card is waaaaay better than Steinberg’s for an ALPHA DAW.
it’s a shame

for real, can anyone give me some info about anywhere more helpful than here?
any other forums or anything?

tnx

What’s the issue?

I searched for your posts.

Weird stuff are happening on your system. All seems to be related to the license, I would say. Would be good to get some overall picture about it.

Hello
the cubase gave me strange ‘error windows’ for about a week, I got around it by pressing OKs and buttons just to move onto the project & work on it. came a day that Cubase DID NOT RECOGNIZE MY VST PATHS AT ALL, AND IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMITTING a SUPPORT REQUEST HERE, I OPENED MY ELICENSER CONTROL PANEL TO GET MY LICENSER ID#, AN UPDATE WINDOW PROMPT AND I FOLLOWED PROCEDURES FOR UPDATE, BUT ELICENSER CONTROL PANEL SHUT DOWN, BECAME CLEAR OF ANY LISTED SOFTWARE IN IT AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO EVEN OPEN CUBASE AFTER THAT. —>AT ALL<—

a guy from steinberg contacted me by email and suggested to uninstall cubase, reinstall and update to 7.5.4 something.
but I could not uninstall anything from control panel; I got an string error every time. the guy from steinberg told me to just press delete on the folder in program files. I did so; shift+delete on the whole Stenberg folder.
tried reinstalling but got an error of not enough space on disk. ended up uninstalling anything named Steinberg from control panel (I had lots of failed attempts), opened up space and reinstalled the software, although got a fatal error in the process of installing Halllion Sonic SE.
NOW
I STILL CANT OPEN CUBASE
I GET THIS ERROR, STILL!!!

eLicenser Control - error
Application ‘Cubase / Cubase Artist’ has caused the following error:

Unknown exception caught. Process execution failed.

Options:

• Click to abort.

this is frustrating and really eye opening to negative things I’ve heard from this company. paid $600 for a big name DAW only to experience the dollar menue customer support, and to see my job on the line.

Hi,

Are you sure, your Windows system is virus-free?

Hey many of us are running Cubase trouble free, it must be something with the OS or hardware.

yes it’s virus free
IDK if it’s with OS or hardware, that’s why I submitted technical support request, but not only it’s been a mediocre help, he probably has ended the support session since I have not heard from him since 2 days ago…
I can probably reinstall the whole OS again from scratch and this’ll be fixed somehow, but why should I do that and go through the hassle of reinstalling every VST again for a week, when there’s the support. Do I have to do this every time I run into a problem with Cubase in the future, then why do I bother with original software?

Well, reinstalling should do the trick. It seems something went horrible wrong in your setup.
After this make a backup of your OS disk and keep your system steady by not installing everything you find on the net :wink:.

It’s a hassle to go through the whole re-installation process, takes about 16 hours for me, that’s where the backup comes in when needed again.

If you are having problems with Control Panel not being able to uninstall programs and are getting messages about not having enough disk space (assuming you really do have enough) you’ve got a problem with your computer beyond the scope of Cubase. While you believe you don’t have a virus, a lot of what you are describing sounds like what happens when you do have one - other possibilities corrupted OS, disk going bad, bad memory or other hardware. If it were me I’d cart my PC over to my friendly tech repair shop and have some diagnostics run. Getting all irate on a user forum is unlikely to help much.