Set default marker behavior and name on creation

Hey all - is there a way to set the default marker behavior on creation? IOW, when dropping form markers for editing/clarity, I almost always want them to bind to the clip start (or to the audio samples), but that means creating the marker, then right-clicking it to change its binding.

Also, wondering if there’s a way to bring up the Marker’s name field when you create it - often one is dropping markers as you go, and it’s not convenient (or even possible) to set the name ahead of dropping it so again you need to drop the marker, then right-click it to rename - fairly awkward.

Am I missing something or are these just not possible?

thanks!
rich

In a montage, one of the options in the Markers tab is “Automatically Attach New Markers to the Most Suitable Clip” Click the “Functions” button to find it.

This sort of does half of what you’re asking, but in particular it succeeds in keeping the marker tied to a specific point in the audio even as clips are dragged around.

The marker tab also has space to type in marker names, which is more convenient than locating the marker on the timeline and right clicking to rename. Not what you’re asking for, but maybe it would help?

Thanks - that does help for half of the issue; I’ll be sure to keep that checked (hopefully it sticks once I’ve selected it).

The marker tab also has space to type in marker names, which is more convenient than locating the marker on the timeline and right clicking to rename. Not what you’re asking for, but maybe it would help?

Yes, knew about that one - alas, doesn’t really help with my workflow; the usual is I’m rolling through a piece and dropping markers as various form elements go by, but I’m not always sure what the next section is until I’m hearing it, then I have to right-click the just created marker to name it - much simpler if I just created the marker and was asked for a name upon creation. Don’t know if there’s a way to get that behavior.

thanks!
rich